Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring is popping out all over!

This is one of the pictures that Woody and I walked around the corner to take on Sunday. Spring is definitely in the air! Woody and I both got up early this morning. He headed to work and I got busy getting the rest of the way ready for the painter. Woody did walk at lunch...tsk! tsk! I will be glad to talk to Dr. Sosman on Friday. I'm not sure that I reported that the research nurse emailed us yesterday (Sunday) saying that Dr. Sosman was having a make-up clinic day on Friday and would that work out for us. We said that we would be there...and she emailed back "or be square." This research nurse is quite a character and definitely johnny on the spot with responding to our emails, phone calls, etc. We will go in Friday to discuss the options open to Woody for another drug study...or whatever. We will also ask Dr. Sosman a bit more about what he sees on the x-rays that were taken last Thursday.

Erin and Alex got picked up late last night and got safely home. All four made it to work and school this morning. I had a "fairly" quiet day...no children in the house...but did have a painter in the house for most of the day. He said that he would be finished with all his work inside tomorrow. He will then do some mortaring of brick on our front steps and on Nathan's front porch and raise a place at the base of the steps to be level with the sidewalk...and then eventually put in handrails on either side of our front steps. I was really surprised that the siding men didn't come today, since it was such a pretty day...but then it was a bit windy and they are now working up high on the sides of our house. Now to wonder when the carpet will be put in the family room. Things are looking rather fresh around here. I told the painter today that he was forcing me to spring clean since I was having to move so much furniture, etc. I did get to do some sewing today...until the paint smell got the best of me and I headed down to get away from it. We had a New England Boiled Dinner tonight = corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and onions. I am planning Cream of Reuben Soup with some of the corned beef...yummy...a favorite of mine...and don't have it very often. Well, I'm off to watch Dancing With the Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment