Friday, March 19, 2010

Respite Day 18

I just pulled a heavy ham out of the oven (usually Woody's job...but I managed to get it out and only slightly burned myself!). I am guessing that Woody has taken his pain medicine as he was oblivious to any of the banging around in the kitchen...or the loud "ouch!"

Woody got up early, went to work, worked, walked at lunch, worked some more, and came home to rest and relax. He has been watching basketball this evening. The four oldest neighbor grandchildren cycled through this morning to have some school lessons or to read to me. Then I headed to the grocery store to get ready for an almost teenage boy and a teenage girl to descend upon us tomorrow! Hopefully I have enough food for at least a couple of days!

While I was away someone from radiology at Vanderbilt called to give Woody instructions for one of his scans. By the time that I got the message and returned her call, she had gone home...so we can't reach her till Monday morning. I'm sure that it is to tell him the number of hours that he has to fast prior to the test and we have been told that. I did message the research nurse and she thought that was that only thing that they would be telling us. I guess we will find out for sure, when I call early Monday morning. We don't have to leave as early as usual on Monday because the tests and appointments don't start till the afternoon. It is really going to be interesting to see how all these appointments work out...guess it isn't our problem to make them work out...we only have to show up and let them do the rest! Now I'm off to finish a couple more things that I want to get done before Erin and Alex's arrival in the morning. Can't you see us now...7 little and big grandchildren in and out of the house for the next nine days!? Fun and games are just about to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment