Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Beautiful Summer Day

What a pretty day...lower temperatures (it never got out of the 80's) and lower humidity...really makes for a nice day...after so many hot, humid days. Tonight's picture is Normandy Lake...taken just about a year ago.

Woody and I both got up early this morning. Woody didn't go walking as he had several things to do today that he counted as his walk. I made us a Swiss cheese and mushroom omelet...and that was my cooking for the day. The rest of the day we either had sandwiches or leftovers. He showered a little after breakfast and I changed his dressing and flushed his lines. After I got dressed, I went to find "school children"...but they were away...Abigail and Kathy had gone to Abigail's speech class and I'm not sure where the rest were! Since I got up so early, I flopped down on the bed to read and took a morning nap. Woody did a little yard work. After lunch, we had a meeting that we both needed to attend. Shortly after we got home, Nathan and family parked their van and trailer in front of our house. They had come to pick up the aluminum cans that we and many church members have been collecting since the last trip to the "can man." The money from recycling these cans is for the International Missions Board annual Lottie Moon Christmas offering. Woody went with Nathan, Kathy, Joy, Esther, and Elijah. Graham and Abigail stayed with me. Graham read from a reading book to me and then I read to the two of them. Abigail and I played several games of tic tac toe. And, then we went upstairs for them to do some crafts. After the "can crew" got back, Woody and I ate some supper. Woody is now resting in his recliner. It has been a pretty day...a pretty busy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment