Monday, August 16, 2010

Establishing a routine?

It's questionable that we really are establishing a routine...but I guess we are trying. Woody got up early and walked around the block. Then when I got up he showered and then we changed his dressing and flushed the lines to his Hickman line. Before it got too hot, Woody and I walked around our block. So Woody walked around our block three times today. We decided that we would try having our main meal at lunch. We had some of the spaghetti sauce made with fresh tomoatoes on whole wheat spaghetti for lunch.

Just before lunch I called the plumber to come fix the water heater...the thermostats had gone out so we had either boiling hot water or no hot water at all. They came later in the afternoon. So that is fixed now. I will be so glad not to have to push the reset button all the time!

We had a light supper. Woody went to the prayer meeting at church this evening. This is the first time in months that he has felt well enough to go. I have made an attempt to make homemade applesauce. Woody was wanting some like my mother's when he was in the hospital. So I am attempting to make some like hers...I made a call to Mother this afternoon to find out just exactly what she puts in hers. All the grandchildren love Grandma's applesauce...obviously Woody does too. I think that the jury is still out as to whether mine comes even close to hers!

No comments:

Post a Comment