Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A week ago today...

A week ago today we found out that Woody would be going home the next day. In some ways it seems like we have been home a long time and in others it seems like we just walked in the door. I think that Woody gains strength each day. Today he got up early and walked four times around our block. After he got back to the house, he took a branch that had fallen back to the branch pile near the road to be picked up by the city. After he showered, I changed his dressing and today had to change the cap on each of the lumens (these have to be changed once a week). The caps can be hard to get off, but I was able to easily get them off (I had changed them last week in the hospital so guess I didn't screw them on too tightly!). After putting on new caps, I flushed both of the lines. This morning he did hit a scab that was on his leg and it bled "pretty good"...so guess his platelets aren't back up to normal yet. But we do know that they are getting better as his petetchiae (red spots on his body due to low platelet count) are just about all gone.

We again had our main meal at lunch...but not at the same time as I had a hair appointment at noon. Woody cooked more pasta to go with the leftover spaghetti sauce and fixed his own lunch. On my way home from getting my hair cut, I stopped to see a dear friend and we talked quite a while catching up with each other. By the time I ate my lunch it was time for my afternoon nap! Woody brought our garbage can around to the front of the house and he took the recycle items out to the curb. So you can see that, he is gradually getting back to doing things around the house. He has rested today, as he should be doing.

Oh... my homemade applesauce is good...but Woody declares it to not be as good as my mothers! At least I know the "secret" ingredients that she puts in hers...I wrote them down so I can keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment