Saturday, August 14, 2010

Oops!

Late blogging, since I just woke up a few minutes ago (when Woody came to bed)! I got really sleepy around 6pm so decided to flop down on the bed for a short nap! Oops! Guess that perhaps I'm still not caught up from our Bethesda three-week adventure...or perhaps I did a bit more cooking than I needed to today. I had a busy day of messing around in the kitchen. It is very good to be back in my own kitchen! I made a large amount of spaghetti sauce. This time even using fresh instead of canned tomatoes...a lot of the tomatoes that we got out of Nathan's garden were on the verge of being too ripe...so spaghetti sauce they became before they spoiled! I made enough that I even froze a couple of portions for us to eat at a later time. Then I made a blueberry sauce. Woody enjoyed the sauce over ice cream and I enjoyed it drizzled over some yummy cake. So I spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen today...thus the "need" to lie down for a rest around 6pm and then not awaken till almost 9pm!!! Oh, my...will I sleep tonight? I was disoriented when I did wake up. I thought that it was morning, and that it was time to change Woody's dressing before we went to church...guess what I have on my mind...even in my subconscious!

Woody continues to recoup from his treatments at NIH. He went to the library this morning...the first time that he ventured out alone in the car since we were home. This time he remembered to take his clamp with him. He brought home a couple of movies. One of which he watched in the afternoon (I followed it listening from the kitchen and sat down a couple of times to watch parts of it). It was one of those movies that when it ended, we wondered what exactly had happened. But we think that we figured it out! After the movie, Woody watched a baseball game on TV. Then I can't report on how he spent his evening...since I slept the evening away...and now he is asleep so I can't ask him! But I would say that "slowly but surely" he is rebounding from having his immune system wiped out.

Now to explain why I said, in the above paragraph, that "this time" he remembered to take his clamp with him. Last night when we went to the Sunday School Teacher Appreciation Dinner, Woody leaned over to me during the dinner and asked me if I had remembered to bring the clamp...the item that I was told at my Hickman line class at NIH that we were not to leave home without! Another OOPS! Lots to remember about his Hickman line...I've been doing pretty well just remembering exactly how to change the dressing and flush the lines! Last night was the first time that Woody had left the house since we got home and neither of us thought about taking it.

We had a really good time at the dinner at church last night. If laughter is good for healing...then Woody should be healed, as we laughed so much during the entertainment! Plus we just enjoyed spending the evening with so many special friends.

A storm has rolled through while I typed this...good to get some rain...pretty dry around here due to so many days of excessive heat. I am still using pictures that I took in Bethesda. The lodge where I stayed is the backdrop for the robin that posed so nicely on the tip-top of this sweet gum tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment