Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pig Poop

The following is in Woody's words:

Last evening when Lois left at about 7:30, I wanted that bed so badly and I just wanted to sleep. I woke up several hours later saying to myself I've had a setback. I'm so tired I can't move. Maybe I've got a fever, maybe the platelets they gave me today have done something, or maybe I've moved one step closer to renal failure again. At 2:30AM I woke up and felt pretty good. I immediately started going through these questions again--what happened? I ruled out a fever since I wasn't sweaty. Then I went back to sleep with these questions in mind.

When I woke up, I had had a dream. Now I have a dream that I remember maybe once a year! Anyway--here is the dream: I'm up above this restaurant and somehow I know it's a busy hot dog restaurant. And somehow I come to know its known for its special sauce. Now all of a sudden I'm over this truck that has this liquid in it. Next thing I know I've fallen in it--it's pig poop. And I'm drowning in it. Somehow I'm saved and the next thing I know I'm seated in the restaurant eating a hot dog. Almost immediately clamors all over the restaurant arise about the special sauce. It's horrible, it's inedible. The manager checks with the guy who made the sauce fresh that morning. He says he followed the recipe precisely and plus people had been eating hot dogs all morning and no complaining. The manager said, "We must have been sabotaged." A guy in the back stepped forward and said, "I've been standing by the special sauce all morning and no one could possibly have done anything to the sauce." Then all eyes turn to me. I fell in the pig poop at the same time the sauce went bad. My falling in the pig poop made the sauce go bad. The dream ends.

I immediately say to myself dreams are supposed to have meanings. I've been asking all these questions over and over in my mind, maybe my dream is trying to tell me something. So immediately I put part of it together. The setback is due to me falling in the pig poop. The only problem is I still don't know what the pig poop is. Fortunately, I talked to the doctor this morning and she knew what the pig poop is--so we have closure maybe. She said that there is an expected setback that all patients who have been given their own cells experience five days later--and what I had experienced sounded exactly like it. I think that my dream may have been talking about the problem with my whole body. And, in that case the pig poop is melanoma. Lois and two nurses say the pig poop is symbolic of all the diarrhea I have had. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think that is one weird dream, and just hope you continue to feel better, sleep soundly and have more pleasant dreams! Prayers continue for both of you.

    ReplyDelete