Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Luv-ee Day!

When Esther-Noel was very young, I made her a luv-ee out of a really soft fabric called minky. Then I made her another and another...that way one could be washed or not locatable and she would still have one or two. She has about loved her three luv-ees to death...they are looking pretty sad, very faded, and much loved. Now that she has turned three she is "trying" to stop sucking her thumb (which almost automatically goes in her mouth when she picks up a luv-ee). So I decided that I would buy the three colors of minky that I made her original luv-ees from and make her a luv-ee pillow that she keeps on her bed for nap and bed times. So we will see if this helps her to stop carrying a luv-ee around most of the time! She hugged onto it when she opened it and said that she loved it. She trotted it upstairs and put it on her bed when we told her that was where it needed to be...so she would always have it when she goes to bed! On the yard sale day she had us all looking for her favorite luv-ee of the moment, the purple one (finally found it on the bathroom floor in our guest bathroom!). And, while they were traveling this last time, she left it on the playground at a campground and they about had to give it up for lost...but her mommy came to the rescue that time and found it in the bottom of a trash can! So just lately there have been near "disasters" due to not being able to locate her luv-ee...now a luv-ee pillow has a permanent home...her bed (probably either her "home" bed or her "RV" bed).

Woody and I got up REALLY early this morning...normal for him, but not for me. I read for a while, got a load of dishes underway in the dishwasher, read a little in a new book that Woody got me from the library, and I got several piles of laundry ready to be done, and picked up my sewing mess. Woody read for a while, then he showered and I changed his dressing and flushed the lines. After we had done all that, Esther woke up...she had a sleep-over at Grammy and Goosey's last night. I rocked Esther for a while and then we took her back home so she could get ready to go to church. Woody and I got ready for church. We both went to Sunday School. Woody taught his class. After we came home we have pretty much taken it easy for the rest of the day. I have started preparing to pack once again...seems like we just unpacked! We will be leaving dark and early Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment