Saturday, August 21, 2010

Name that tree

Can anyone help me identify this tree. It was in the back garden at the Safra Family Lodge in Bethesda. The seedpods on the left were the color they were shortly after we arrived and the picture of the tree and the seedpods on the bottom right were taken just prior to us leaving...so about three weeks had elapsed. I am just a bit curious as to what kind it is. I have done a little searching, but so far haven't found out what it is.

Woody got up early and went on a four mile walk. He does say that, when he gets back from his walks or other outside exertion, he is ready to plop and do nothing for a while. After he showered, I changed his dressing and flushed the lines. Later in the morning he went to the library. The grandchildren have been over at various times during the day...nice having them "in and out" once again. This evening we went over to visit with friends and sat out on their screened-in porch...really nice. A storm was brewing so we left before the heavens opened. We have had a couple of storms roll through today.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Lois, it looks like a Golden Raintree pod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patsy, that was a really quick answer to my question. I should have brought it to the tree experts sooner! I thought about you today, as I was using my green oval dutch oven that you gave me!

    ReplyDelete