Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day is done!

The neighbor's yard sale was a big success. Once again there was a steady stream of yardsalers for a good part of the day. Definitely many found treasures.

Woody got up early and went for a walk. He walked to Sonic and back (no, he didn't get a treat!). He showered and I changed his dressing and flushed his lines. He went to the library. I worked on my "secret" sewing project for Esther's birthday...not much to show for it at this point in the day. It seems like I took one step forward on it and three or four back. I "may" have something to show for my efforts in a few minutes...unless what has happened to the first efforts happens again! The main thing that I have to show for it is a sewing mess in the family room. We were in and out to check on the yard sale and we enjoyed chatting on our front porch with friends who came to the yard sale and then came over to see us.

We both attempted to watch a movie this afternoon...and, it must not have been too attention getting, as we both snoozed through a good portion of it. I must have been tired as I was not in a very comfortable chair and I still dozed. Later in the afternoon, one, two, three, or more of the grandchildren filtered in and out while their parents and grandparents (Kathy's parents are here) cleaned up after the yard sale.

We were sitting on the front porch when the mail carrier stopped with our mail and Nathan's (she said that she wasn't sure that she was going to be able to get to their mail box due to yard sale cars). She also had a box...from NIH...with a LOT of heparin syringes...definitely don't think that we will run out between now and Wednesday! Looks like the pharmacy did send what we had requested...but just not the fastest way.


1 comment:

  1. Woody is my hero, if he can walk to Sonic and not stop for a treat! Wishing you a happy and restful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete