Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday...all day!

I had to convince myself all day that it was Friday...it seemed like Saturday all day long. The neighbors (Nathan & Kathy) are having a great yard sale. They were kept busy just about every moment of the day with buyers. But they still have a lot of stuff...so if you didn't get to go today, there are still things for you to look through tomorrow!

Off and on today we had a child or two filter through the house. But the yard sale kept them pretty busy too. Lots to interest them since others brought toys for the sale. Woody got up early and went for a walk around our block. He went over and priced a couple more things for the sale. He went to the fruit market for tomatoes and a green pepper. He has read, watched TV, helped me with dishes, and rested.

I made a big pot of chili and froze part of it for another time. I went grocery shopping. I also enjoyed seeing several friends, who I hadn't seen in a while, at the yard sale.

While I was at the grocery store, Fed Ex delivered the much needed syringes of heparin that I needed to flush the lines. So we didn't get to change the dressing and flush the lines till mid afternoon. But we now have plenty to get us through till he has the Hickman line out on Thursday.

This evening we went over to Nathan and Kathy's to celebrate Esther's third birthday. Her birthday was several weeks ago, but we and they were away at the time of her birthday, plus Kathy's parents are here so it was a good time for a family party for Esther. I ended up reading the three girls several stories and didn't leave till it was dark. When I left, there were still people at the yard sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment