Sunday, February 6, 2011

All's Quiet on the Western Front!

Busy Sunday! Woody got up really early and took his hour walk, as he knew that he would have trouble getting it in later in the day! I started out sleeping in later than planned and Woody went on to early church without me. I woke up in time to get ready to go to Sunday School. Woody taught his Sunday School class and then came home and made pumpkin pudding. I came home after Sunday School and tried to finish up with what hadn't gotten done yesterday. Nathan, Kathy, Graham, Abigail, Joy, Esther, and Elijah came over as soon as they had lunch. Goodbyes were said and then those left behind settled in for an afternoon of "fun and games!" Elijah took a nap not long after they got here and then the girls and I got busy making play dough. Woody went to the deacon's meeting at church. When he got home, Elijah was still napping and the girls were happily playing with the play dough that we had made. When they finished up with their play dough time, Woody took them out for a walk...Woody said that it was a run! When they got back Elijah was up from his nap. Lots of toys got taken out of the toy closet...we have had a circus, lots of cars and trucks driven through the house, we have had girls pretend to be puppies and kittens, we have read lots of stories. We enjoyed grilled cheese sandwiches and applesauce for our Sunday supper with pumpkin pudding for dessert. About 6:30 we had them start gathering up the toys and putting them away in the toy closet...they were all great helpers. Then they headed upstairs to get their jammies on. I read to the girls and Woody read to Elijah. Lights were out before 8 and the girls only got up once! I think that Woody may be starting on tomorrow's breakfast as I am smelling food. He plans to be in charge of our breakfasts (sounds good to me!). Well, time for me to go start the dishwasher and then make a cup of tea and flop on the bed with a book...hmmmmmmm wonder how many pages I'll read before my eyes close!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment