Thursday, February 24, 2011

Reflections

Woody and I walked around the block shortly after lunch...dodging the rain drops at the start...Woody holding an umbrella over us to keep the camera dry! Not long into the walk the rain stopped. Shortly after heading down the street we found this great puddle that was reflecting the trees in our neighbor's yard.

Woody has taken it easy today as he is having trouble with Spring allergies...he has read, watched some TV and taken allergy medicine which has made him a bit sleepy. He did do a little outside today...added some potting soil to the barrel and fixed the styrofoam cups so they would drain off rain water better. I had several projects that I needed to get finished so I declared this a rainy day schedule day and didn't have school with the neighbor grandchildren. Growing up in AZ where rain was a novelty and made quite a mess of our school grounds...when it rained very hard prior to 11am...we had a shortened day...a rainy day schedule day...so I reverted to my childhood! I have been sewing, reading and cooking today. I worked on my sewing projects this morning and again this evening and in the afternoon I made a big pot of one our favorite soups...J.Hathaway's Italian Sausage Soup. We both enjoyed it this evening for our supper.

Definitely Spring is in the air...our county was just issued a tornado watch...which for those not from a tornado area means that the conditions are right for tornadoes. Western TN is under tornado warnings...which means that an actual tornado/funnel cloud has been spotted either in the air or on the ground. I'm hoping that by the time the line of storms comes through here that the intensity will have lessened. They aren't due here till after midnight...doesn't make for a very restful night sleep wondering if bad storms are going to come through. I just looked at radar and there is a really strong line of storms approaching...but still a distance away from us. Woody's rain gauge has recorded .63 in. of rain today...and we are supposed to get a lot more with the approaching front.

No comments:

Post a Comment