Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Samplings

We got up and ate breakfast and then got the children ready for church. Goosey dressed Elijah and I helped the girls. Esther wasn't willing to give up her lovey for the picture we took before heading off to church...but when it came Sunday School time she voluntarily handed it to me for safe keeping. We actually got to church...not just on time...but got there early...Woody went to the deacon prayer meeting prior to the service and I waited for the nursery worker to come to take care of Elijah. Joy and Esther both went to "Big Church" with Goosey and me. Their mommy and daddy would have been so proud of them! They sat so quietly through the whole service...I told them afterwards that there were adults that weren't as still as they were! After church, we all went to our Sunday School classes...Goosey taught his class. We came home from church and Woody got broccoli and asparagus steaming to go with meat loaf and the Valentine Salad, while the girls and I changed into more comfortable clothes. As soon as lunch was over Elijah practically leaped into his bed for his nap...he didn't take a nap at church so he was very ready. The girls asked to watch "baby movies" (their family yearly DVD's) in my sewing room so they cozied up with a couple of throws and watched the movies (the way they choose is by asking for the movie when one of another of them were born). It was a beautiful day...just a bit breezy. After Elijah woke up, Goosey took them on a walk. He walked his 4 1/2 mile loop and he said that Joy ran practically the whole way and Esther ran for part of it. I stayed home and rested...actually dozed off for a time. They had a quick supper after their walk and then they have headed off to church for their Awana program...I stayed home...so it is very quiet on the home front for the moment! I'm going to go get their beds and jammies all ready for them to hop into as soon as they get back. They'll brush teeth and have stories and then off to slumber land. I'm sure that Elijah is planning to dream about "big trucks!"
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment