Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Quieter Day!

A quieter day because Grammy has lost her voice! We woke up to icy snow. It was quite the topic of conversation throughout breakfast! Woody treated us to his favorite today...French toast. After it warmed up a bit and before it all melted off, Goosey took Joy to play in it for a few minutes. She made a snow angel with a head (Grammy didn't get the best picture of the snow angel part...but then the snow wasn't really deep enough for much of an angel impression). Elijah went with Woody to get the mail and had to check out the snow. When Elijah was taking his morning nap, the girls and I started to do a craft that we had planned and we realized that part of what we needed was in Elijah's room so they played with play dough till we could get what we needed. Yesterday I forgot to tell a couple of things that Joy did...she and Esther were telling stories to each other while playing with play dough and after they finished, Joy and I went upstairs and she dictated a story to me while I typed it into the computer. Then we printed it and she illustrated it. And, after that we made her a book and she wrote words from her phonics list and illustrated them (all her own idea). Today we got out the Fisher Price barn (Melany's from the 1970's) and had quite the fun with it. In the picture Esther is eating the oats (cheerios) that we had put in the troughs for the animals. Elijah enjoyed opening and closing the barn doors and the hayloft doors and locking and unlocking the barn doors. And, he likes to put the chickens on his fingers like puppets! As soon as lunch was finished we made the craft that we had planned to make in the morning...a chain to count down the days till Mommy, Daddy, Graham, and Abigail come home. And, after that we did a craft that was a surprise. I got out old Valentine cards and they cut them up and made pictures with them...always fun to do a little cutting and pasting! They spent a long time doing that. Woody did plenty of reading today as I took a day off from reading due to having only a whisper for a voice. Someone was wondering if I had what Esther had, but I don't think so. I had been having some allergy problems prior to taking care of the children and I think that it is just a part of my allergies. Mid afternoon some friends came over as a surprise to the children and took them next door to play for a couple of hours. I know that they enjoyed being back in their own house for a little while. Joy was very sad to have them leave...but cheered up when the pizza came out of the oven! While the children were otherwise occupied Woody went on his walk for the day and I rested...I actually read a couple of chapters in my book before nodding off for a power nap! After supper, we picked up toys (we have tried to have that be a part of our "routine" each evening) and then headed upstairs to hop into jammies. Woody read the bedtime stories. And, now all is quiet on the western front. It is supposed to get brrrrrrrrrrrrrrry cold tonight.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment