Saturday, February 12, 2011

"Cries" in the Night!

Early this morning I heard someone cry out. I thought that it was Elijah, but I wasn't sure till I got closer to his room. I got in there and he had lost his pacie! I couldn't find it so ran downstairs and got one of the ones that we have on reserve. When I got it back upstairs he "told" me that he needed a new diaper (he pats his diaper when he needs to be changed). So I got ready to change him and realized that his jammies were a bit wet so I had to go back downstairs to get the jammies that I had washed yesterday and hadn't brought upstairs yet. By the time I got back up, there was another cry in the night...it was Esther this time. She had lost her lovie! I found it and she quickly snuggled back down and was off to sleep. I then finished getting Elijah's pj's changed and he snuggled right back down too. Then I snuggled back down in my bed and the next thing I knew I heard those two little night criers come padding into my room to tell me that it was time to get up and have breakfast. Woody had planned to have dry cereal this morning, but it would have really been dry as we didn't have enough milk. So we had waffles instead...no one complained! After breakfast Woody bundled up Elijah and they went to the Credit Union and the grocery store. I cleaned up the kitchen while the girls watched a bit of Saturday morning PBS. Then the three of us made Valentine Salad...those in our family will recognize it as Autumn Salad...but for this time of year we renamed it! Before we got the salad into the fridge to gel, Woody and Elijah were home from the grocery store. This afternoon while Elijah napped, the girls discovered the Tupperware alphabet blocks (again dating to the 70's) and had fun with them. While Elijah was still napping, the girls and Goosey had a rousing game of hide and seek...and it didn't rouse Elijah! Woody went to the library by himself...he couldn't get any takers on that trip...not even Elijah who never wants to be left at home. Joy and Esther did help Goosey know which of the children's books they wanted to keep and which could go back to the library. They enjoyed having Woody and me read to them this afternoon. After Elijah got up, Woody popped in an Old MacDonald video that he had gotten at the library. Elijah really enjoyed that. The chain is getting shorter and there are now more X's on the calendar than days that aren't x'd off before Mommy, Daddy, Graham, and Abigail return.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment