Monday, February 28, 2011

Stormy Monday

We got up knowing that today was supposed to be stormy with possible threatening weather...which usually means usually means severe thunderstorms and/or tornadoes at this time of the year. And, sure enough we had warnings for both...remember that a warning means that there has been a tornado spotted on the ground or in the air...or that the radar sees one. Tullahoma's tornado warning went off at least twice. Our safe spot is in the downstairs bathroom...I spent some time in there waiting out the warnings. I guess that we had them fairly close to us. We don't get Nashville TV so we're not exactly sure what happened around us. Huntsville did report that there was one death due to today's storms/tornadoes and that happened a little south of Tullahoma...that's all we know. February went out like a lion...wonder how March will come in! This line of storms came through very fast. They were saying that it was moving a mile a minute...60 miles an hour...that's pretty fast. So all the storms have cleared out of our area now.

Woody ran errands today. I have packed. At the moment the only thing that I have to put in the suitcase is some shirts for Woody and our toiletry bags. I have been gathering electrical cords and items that we need to take...some are still charging. I would say that we "should" be able to walk out the door fairly quickly in the morning.

The only school that I did today was Abigail's sewing lesson. We got that in before the storms arrived. She finished her project...a tooth pillow for Joy (5) who is hopeful that she has a loose tooth or two (I think that it will be a while till she needs it, but she has her pillow for when that first tooth comes out.)!

Woody just came back from Monday night prayer meeting at church. I'm off to start the dish washer. I'll blog from Pooks Hill in Bethesda tomorrow night...the good Lord willin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment