Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fun in the back yard!

Woody fixed breakfast as he has done for the whole time that the children have been here. That has been such a help to me...for one thing I'm not much of a morning person...not much of a breakfast person...and it lets me not have to plan or prepare one of the three meals each day and lets me stay in a bed a tad longer than he or the children!

This morning after Elijah went down for his morning nap, the girls and I went upstairs and they had a daytime bath. They like to have a bath during the day because Grammy lets them go under water and get their hair wet. They had fun playing in the tub for a while. By the time they got out and got dressed there was just time for a craft and play dough before it was time for lunch.

After lunch Woody took them outside to play in their backyard. I went over for a while and took pictures. They really had a great time. Shortly after supper, Esther told me that she was tired and that she was ready for bed. We headed upstairs. She got into her jammies, brushed teeth, read stories, had prayers, and was ready for her lights to be turned out. Elijah and Joy weren't quite so ready. It was obvious that Elijah felt much better today. I'm guessing that perhaps his tooth has come through...I haven't been able to find out as he tries to bite down on my finger each time that I try to feel if it is through! He played with cars and the slide for a while and then I got him in his jammies and brushed his teeth. Woody took over at this point and read him stories, said prayers and got him all tucked in and lights out. Joy did some special picking up of toys for us and she got to stay up a bit later. While she watched a Cat In The Hat show on PBS she got into her jammies, I brought her upstairs to show her the pictures that I had blogged while they had been here. She was curious about a blog...since I always tell them as I'm shutting out their lights at their bedtime that I'm going to be in the sewing room blogging...so now she knows! She was interested in the pictures and they were great reminders of all that we have done while they were here! Then we read about volcanoes...she had shown an interest in them during the day and I got out a book that had a chapter on volcanoes. Then we read a storybook and she headed upstairs to brush teeth. I tucked her in and Woody came in to say prayers with her.

Tonight at supper I brought down my old globe...glad that Nathan and Kathy didn't go to Africa as my globe is very sadly out of date! My grandfather gave it to me many, many years ago...and political boundaries have changed greatly! But the world hasn't changed geographically so I was able to show the girls the path that their parents and siblings were flying. Their almost 12 hour flight from Taipei to Los Angeles is just about to land...if all is according to schedule. They have a rather lengthy layover in LA and then they will fly to Atlanta...then take a shuttle back to their van...then head on home...that is if jet lag doesn't make them have to stop and rest their weary heads prior to heading to Tullahoma. The children here are very excited that Mommy, Daddy, Graham, and Abigail will return tomorrow! Grammy and Goosey are pretty excited too!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment