Monday, February 21, 2011

Blustery Presidents' Day!

When Woody headed off for a walk to the Post Office and the pharmacy this morning, he discovered that our Dutch iris had begun to bloom. They are just so pretty and so petite. I was having school with Esther when he told us about the flowers so I grabbed my camera and Esther and I went out to find what was blooming. I was expecting it to be one of the jonquils...but was surprised by these. I had just looked yesterday at this bed and all that was there was their green leaves.

After Esther had school, Joy came over for her time. Then Abigail came over to start planning her next sewing project...a tooth pillow for Joy (Joy seems to think that she has a couple of loose teeth...not very loose yet...so Abigail should have plenty of time to get the pillow made prior to them coming out!) After lunch I got busy in my sewing room. While my sewing machine has been embroidering, I have been serging away on my serger. Woody read this afternoon. He just returned from Monday night prayer meeting at church. It has really been windy today...March must be on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment