Friday, February 11, 2011

Half-way Point

Six days down and six to go! Tonight was Joy's night to tear a circle off the count-down chain and Esther's turn to put an "X" through the date on the calendar. I guess I should explain why I am going into such detail about our days with the children. The only communication that we have with Nathan, Kathy, Graham, and Abigail is through FaceBook and through our blog. I am trying to get pictures of things that the kids are doing so they can keep up with what is happening on the home front!

Today started out early. Woody got up early and was going through the house turning on water checking the pipes as it got so cold last night. He also went next door to make sure that everything was ok over there. I guess hearing him up roaming around turning on water, etc. woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep. Elijah also got up pretty early (sorry, Kathy, Woody has found an early rising companion!). I got up a little after Elijah and went downstairs. Woody cooked pancakes for breakfast. By the time breakfast was over I was fading so Woody talked me into going upstairs and maybe going back to sleep which I did. So when I came downstairs, Elijah was already down for his morning nap. Since the girls weren't dressed yet, and I had promised Joy that she could go underwater the next time that she had a bath, we decided that it was a good time to go up and have a bath and wash hair. We came downstairs and I combed out their hair while they watched PBS...Curious George, if I recall. By that time it was almost time for lunch! Seems like we finish one meal and it is time for another! I definitely know why once a month cooking is a the best way for their family! For lunch we had leftovers...emptied out quite a few containers. Everyone played for a while after lunch. While they played I brought down some of the Montessori equipment so Joy and Esther could have some school today. It seems that any time the we could have school, Elijah is asleep and he sleeps in the school room. Esther worked on her counting to 10 using the Spindle Box and Joy worked on counting to 20 and also counting by 10's to 100 using the bead equivalents. They also worked with a couple of the shape puzzles that we have. Then they played with playdough while their brother had his afternoon nap and I got our supper ready. Tonight's menu included meat loaf (at their request as it is meat that is easy to cut!), glazed carrots, and cottage cheese.

Elijah's big find of the day was the stash of matchbox/hotwheel cars. Boy, was he excited to find cars and "big trucks!" I'm not sure that Graham is going to find the cars and trucks in the same condition as he left them! He had EIEIO read quite a few times also today and he has discovered the "big trucks" in the Richard Scarry Best Word Book Ever (one of his daddy's books when he was little). Later all three had a lot of fun on the slide trying different ways to slide down. And, Esther and Joy decided that one of the toy baskets made a very good hat. Everyone was very tired by bed time...so after a few stories and prayers they were ready to snuggle in for the night. Time for a cup of tea for me (and maybe a scoop of chocolate ice cream!).
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment