Thursday, April 14, 2011

And...what kind of a day did you have?!

Our day got off to an interesting start. I got up and decided that I would cook eggs for deviled eggs for out cook out that we had planned for tonight. I bring the eggs to a boil and then remove them from the heat and put the cover on for 20 minutes. We had an appointment at 10am so when Cheryl came in from taking Corbin to school I left her in charge while I took a shower and got dressed. I chose the pan...and when I did I had this inkling that Cheryl had had problems with it in the past when you put the lid on...the lid suctions on and it is very hard to get it off. Well, when it started boiling, Cheryl did as she was supposed to do...took the pan off the heat and put the lid on...well, 20 minutes later we went to take the lid off to put them in ice water...and guess what...lid was suctioned on and we couldn't get it off. We left it and went to our meeting and then the grocery store and then came home to try some more...never did come off...till we were having our cookout and with quite a few efforts from grandchildren and adults...but when the lid finally did come off...pretty much ruining the pan...there was quite a smell according my little niece and nephew! Eggs and pan have been thrown away!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say...no deviled eggs at our cook out. The cook out was successful despite lack of deviled eggs. I logged onto the computer this morning 24 hours prior to my flight so I can get my boarding pass. Cheryl doesn't have a printer and we were going to get them printed on a friend's printer...well...they wouldn't send...then when they did send the information wasn't there. So...I'm going to go to the airport without a ticket or a boarding pass...another adventure. I know that this has to have happened to others...printer malfunction shall be my excuse! I do have all the information that is on the boarding pass that is on my passport (portable external drive). We did have success at the bank in getting a savings account closed...at first we had been told that this would be very difficult...but in the end was handled quite easily on our third try (third trip to the bank and third person at the bank that we had dealt with)! We have had a little more information on other business that we needed to get taken care of before I leave (5am) in the morning. I "think" that the rest of what needs to be done I can take care of in TN and Cheryl can take care of in AZ. Woody worked in the yard...mainly mulching until it got too hot and then he came in and watched a DVD movie. He's been a big help to me in dealing with some of the stresses of "taking care of business!" I'll be heading out in the morning. I have arranged for a shuttle to pick me up in the morning (4:50am!). My flight leaves at 7:15 AZ time and I will arrive in Nashville at 12:30pm TN time. Woody told me not to leave if he isn't there when I get there! Well, back to finish my packing! Tomorrow night...the good Lord willin' I'll be blogging from Tullahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment