Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Breezy Tuesday






Woody has been working off and on all day on the new garden bed (well, improved garden bed) in the back yard. He and Esther put the final touches on it this afternoon. We have had this bed for a while, but while I was in AZ they enlarged it and put new railroad ties around it...they dug out all the grass, weeds ,etc. and loosened up the dirt (kids playing in it were definitely a help with doing that!) and now Woody has put new dirt from our compost pile on it. He told me that it was ready to use...he told me that he was going out to plant some seeds...so I think that he may have planted them in this garden. He walked to the prayer room at church about an hour ago. He also planned to stop by the Post Office either on the way there or the way home to mail a few letters. I'm still trying to settle back into a routine. I ran an errand this morning. Then Woody and I composed a letter to Mother's financial folk and I also wrote some other notes this afternoon. Graham came over to read with Woody and then they started in on some experiments in the book they got to reading. I went next door to take the girls measurements so I can prepare to make the dresses that I had planned to make prior to my unexpected trip to AZ. Abigail and Joy came over when I came back and we read stories for a while. Then the three big kids left for gymnastics and Esther came over. She watched PBS for a little while and then decided to go play in the dirt with Goosey. After Woody left for the prayer room, I decided to sit on the front porch and read for a little while...quite pleasant out there this evening. It is warming up again and that fact is obvious in our upstairs. I came up to move the pictures from my camera to the computer and then choose which I would use on the blog tonight...well, the next thing I knew I had dozed off...warmth of the room, I think...plus I'm still tired from the trip.






No comments:

Post a Comment