Thursday, April 21, 2011

Goin' on a Plant Hunt!

Woody and I both woke up early. I went to bed earlier than usual last night and then kept waking up every couple of hours thinking that surely the night was over...I think perhaps I'm only meant to get snatches of sleep at a time! I got up and worked some more on getting things straightened up in the sewing room...mainly sorting through several stacks of things that occurred when I cleared off one area and just stacked things a little higher in another area...trying to lower the stacks and eliminate a few! Woody wrote some notes of encouragement to a young lady who is going on a mission trip. He suggested that we go check out plants at several places in town and go to the Credit Union. So we headed out a little after nine and had fun looking at plants. We started at Lowes and then worked our way back through town stopping at stores that have plants. We were not going to buy any...just scout out what stores have what and then Melany and I are supposed to go buy plants on Saturday when she and family come to help us with the gardens. Well...we didn't quite live up to not buying anything! Woody bought tomato and green pepper plants and I bought snapdragons and three hanging baskets. We had fun looking and buying! We didn't get back home till lunch time. I sat on the front porch and read and took pictures this afternoon. Friends stopped by when they saw me on the front porch and we visited for a while. Woody has read and watched some TV and followed his baseball team's game on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment