Friday, April 1, 2011

Dry Heat!

Rather warm here in the Valley of the Sun today...record breaking heat...at the moment it is 99F. But as "they" say it is DRY heat! We ran several errands and I can attest to the fact that it is hot! We are still getting everything ready for Monday's services. We have made more phone calls...written more lists of what to do...have crossed several things off the "daily-to-do" lists...some of those items that didn't get done will be moved to tomorrow's list! Hopefully her obituary notice will run in tomorrow's paper...had several blips in getting that submitted...caused a few frustrating moments for me...they gave us the wrong email address...once I had the correct email address then they received it...imagine that! This morning after my sister took the children to school, she, Rachel and I went out for breakfast...a bit of a respite. We have been going through pictures finding pictures of Mother and the family to put on a "memory board" for the memorial service. We think the reception for after the service has been put in proper hands. We have found our songs for the service and are in contact with the pianist/organist...so I guess we are in good shape in the planning process. We will have two more hands to assist in the planning tomorrow, after Melany arrives. She is due in a little after noon. I talked to Woody after he went to the doctor. He does have a sinus infection. Our doctor had to call Woody's NIH doctor to get medication approved. She also had him get x-rays of his sinuses...so he spent several hours at our local hospital waiting. He provided supper for the neighbors (he stopped at a barbeque place on the way home from McMinnville (location of our Dr.). When I called him, he was planning to go outside and mulch for a while. It is still pretty chilly in TN. The doctor called to make sure that Woody knew that the medicine had been approved and called into the pharmacy. I hope that this helps Woody quickly. He has been having problems for a while...problems that he thought were TMJ...but the dentist is the one who said that it was his sinuses and he was right! Hopefully he is now on the road to getting rid of the pains in his head.

1 comment:

  1. Lois, I have been away from my computer for several weeks so am behind on reading my blogs. I am so sorry for your loss. I am still in NC at Stitchless's home for a few more days before heading back to AZ so I guess I will miss you again. Prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete