Saturday, April 9, 2011

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Rainy, chilly day...it only got to 55F today here in the Valley of the Sun! And, Woody reported in that it got to 89F in Middle TN today...a bit of a reversal in temps! And, to think that I sent home most of my clothes for cooler weather with Melany! I did keep several long sleeved tops...so I won't freeze! I awoke to rain this morning and a little while ago it rained again...we even got a little hail (pea-sized). I understand the next town over had the ground covered with hail. I'm sure that folk in the area were a bit gun shy when they heard the hail. A couple of months ago they had really bad hail that caused a lot of damage...I'm seeing lots of cars with hail damage and also there was a lot of roof damage and broken out windows. Glad that we just got small hail and not a lot today! My sister and I stopped at one of Mother's friends today to return some things. After we visited for a little while, we went on to see another friend and see her condo that she has recently remodeled...very nice! I'm envying the amount of storage that she has...beautiful custom shelving. After we got the tour of her condo, the three of us went out for brunch. On the way home we stopped at Lowe's to look at several things...and then we headed on home...it was warm in the car when we got back in so Cheryl rolled down her window about two inches...when oops...the window continued to go down on its own and didn't/wouldn't come back up! We took it to a good friend of hers and he is working on getting it fixed...we drove back home in his truck...our big adventure of the day. Now we are trying to decide what to do tonight...to try to get things in "order." Last night we undid the picture memory board and got the pictures back in their proper albums, etc. So once again you can see Cheryl's dining room table...a good job done. I have read a little more on the 500 page book that I got from the library the other day. I did check to see if the library at home has this book and it does...that way I'm not under any pressure to complete it here. Woody took a very loooooong walk today. He took an area of town to do a "Prayer Walk" that people in our church are participating in. He walked from 9:30am to about 2:30pm...he said that he got a bit of sun (which, of course, he isn't supposed to get due to his melanoma). He also did some more mulching and he went to the library. I forgot to mention yesterday that Woody and Abigail made supper for the neighbors (Nathan and Kathy and family) last night. Well, off to see if we can get another task completed tonight before we go to bed. Tonight's picture is all the birdies gathering after the rain for their supper...quite a gathering of neighborhood birds. At the moment the sounds of birdies is being drowned out by the sounds of the Jazz Fest that is happening in the downtown area...close enough (just a couple of blocks away) that we can hear it from here...we'll "listen" from here and keep dry and warm...Christmas lights drew me to the downtown area at Thanksgiving...this music doesn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment