Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sleepy Saturday

Well, at least for me and for Kathy it has been a sleepy day. Kathy didn't get back to the house till 2:30am. I did doze in their recliner so I got more sleep than she! They did have fun and were excited about the outcome of the game that went into extra innings. The Cardinals won. They stayed to see the fireworks afterward. I haven't taken a nap, but have about dozed off several times. I haven't accomplished much of anything today...well, I will take that back...I did finally get us hotel reservations at the NIH rates for the two nights that we will be in Bethesda. I didn't get them at our favorite hotel...but this one is very nice...a suite...but it's just not quite as close and it doesn't have as convenient a shuttle service as the other. We will probably park our car at the hotel this time. We pass this hotel before we get to the other one. I will still try the next couple of days to get a room at the one we prefer...just in case someone cancels from one of the rooms that they will give NIH rates for. The "reservation girl" I talked to was very nice and explained that the regular rooms were all taken and that the only floor left was the concierge floor (I didn't tell her that we had gotten to stay on that floor before for the NIH rate...we got that the time that they forgot to have the room made up feather-free.) and the rate for that floor is even higher than their normal rates. Anyway...we have a place to lay our heads after a long day of driving.

Woody made a trip to the grocery store and got gas in the car and the gas can early this morning. Then later in the morning he went to the library. He has mowed and done a little weeding. Abigail, Joy, and Esther came over this afternoon and stayed a while when Elijah went down for his nap...Kathy decided that was a good time for her to take a power nap. While they were napping and the girls were playing, Nathan and Graham came home from their camping trip. Graham and Nathan joined us for a while. It sounds like they had a fun time camping. At the moment Woody is watching the kids while Kathy and Nathan go gather up some things from friends for a yard sale that Nathan and Kathy are planning for this coming Friday and Saturday. I'm sitting over here in the quiet wondering how much longer I can stay awake!

Tonight's blog picture was taken on one of our walks earlier in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment