Sunday, April 3, 2011

Does Tomorrow Ever Come?

Here's another view of the steeple...do you know what the strange spiky things are? I didn't...I thought that they were for security...my sister just informed that I was wrong...they are to keep the pigeons from roosting...guess you learn something everyday! The reason that I thought security was that the church had a break in and the person broke out their beautiful stained glass windows...so sad...but they have been replaced and are as beautiful as ever. The windows will be a bright spot for me for tomorrow! I have just about decided that tomorrow will never come...and I guess when I wake up it won't be tomorrow but "today!" Whatever it is I will be glad that it is finally here and that tomorrow at this time "things" will be behind us. Today we have gotten the memory board all finished. Melany and Rachel bought some beautiful flowers and have made several wonderful arrangements...so nice to have such a talented daughter and niece! Cheryl, Melany and I did a bit more shopping today. Then this evening Melany took Cheryl, Rachel, Corbin, Julianna, and me out for dinner. We went to an Italian restaurant...I had my favorite Eggplant Parmesan...half of it came home with me...comfort food for after the funeral tomorrow night? We will all be so glad when it is tomorrow evening! As soon as I blog, I'm heading off to iron clothes for us to wear tomorrow. Woody went to the early service at church and then taught his Sunday School class. When I called this morning (well, afternoon in TN), Woody said that he was studying his Sunday School lesson...a bit late...don't you think? He was studying next week's lesson...not today's. Before he went to the monthly deacon's meeting, he made cookies for the reception for the new deacons that were ordained today. When he came home from the meeting, he went on his three mile walk route. I am sure that he went to church this evening and then to the fellowship following the evening service. In the morning we will have a private graveside service and then at 3pm we will have Mother's memorial service.

No comments:

Post a Comment