Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dogwood Walk

Woody and I both got up early. We went to the 8:30am church service and then we both went to Sunday School. Woody taught his 6th grade boys' class. We came home and had our corned beef and cabbage meal for lunch. Then we headed out on a walk to look at all the beautiful dogwoods that are in bloom in our neighborhood and the next neighborhood over. I'm guessing that this is what is considered "Dogwood Winter" around here. With Spring comes spells of warm weather and then cooler...sort of back and forth roller coaster till it finally warms up till Fall. When we have a cool snap, it is called "a winter" with the name of whatever is blooming tagged onto the word "winter." We have redbud, blackberry, dogwood, etc. winters...there are about six of them that are referrred to as Spring progresses. This morning we woke up to temperatures hovering around freezing, but by the time that we walked it was in the 70's...perfect day for a walk. And, the dogwoods and other spring bloomers were really beautiful on our walk. I had really intended to do a collage of our walk today, but I ended up blogging later than I planned and didn't want to take the time to "mess" with a lot of pictures at this time...so will share them over the days to come when I don't have a picture of a daily activity to post! After our walk, I headed straight up to flop on our bed...my back was hurting and I was just plain tired...I looked through the pictures on my camera and just about didn't make it the whole way through them before I fell asleep. I slept for a while and then talked with a friend on the phone and then read the rest of a chapter in my book and then fell back to sleep. Woody also planned to take a nap after our walk...he popped in a library DVD (these often put him to sleep), but the DVD ended being so good that he didn't take his planned nap. I knew when Woody went to church...and planned to get up shortly after...but...when I next woke up it was after time to blog. Perhaps I have made up for some lost sleep! Woody went to "Experiencing God, the Musical" at church tonight. He is now home eating a late supper and watching TV (or perhaps a DVD) and will probably do some reading before the evening is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment