Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The New Normal?

Sorry about not posting yesterday...but when the time came...thoughts and fingers just wouldn't post! Cheryl, Melany and I struggled through the afternoon to keep awake...Julianna (4) saw to it that one or another of us was "sort of" awake. Melany left dark and early this morning. Her flight left Phoenix at 6am and she agreed to taking one of the shuttle services to the airport...they picked her up a little before 4am! Cheryl and I went back to sleep for a couple of hours. Then our day started once again. Melany called in the afternoon and was safely back in TN. We're glad that she came and also glad that she is safely back at home. Corbin was sick today so he stayed with us. Julianna went to her preschool. So we are slowly getting back into the "new normal" out here in AZ...the words Cheryl uses with her grandchildren when she refers to the changes ahead. I have talked to Woody a couple of times today...mostly about when I'll be coming home and about several other decisions that may need to be made before I leave. I did make reservations to fly home...if all goes as planned, I will be heading back to TN on April 15. Now if death certificates will just be issued, as we were told at the bank today that I had to be present to sign something...very confusing! Woody continues to work in the yard mulching, etc. Tonight he has gone to his Experiencing God class at church. I will say that we don't seem to be as wiped out today as we were yesterday...a good thing. My prescriptions that Woody picked up and then mailed on Monday arrived today so all's well with my medications. Over the last couple of days I have talked with several of my Tullahoma friends. One of Cheryl's friends is bringing supper over to us tonight. I awoke to my elbows hurting and other aches that indicate a weather change (not the norm for me in AZ..usually my aches pretty much stay in TN). It has been overcast today and very pleasant...in the lower 80's. I sat out on my sister's back porch and watched the children play and took a few pictures (ahh it really is getting a bit back to normal!) It is now sprinkling a little...so I will be able to say that I saw it rain while in AZ and that my aches told me that this weather change was coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment