Monday, April 4, 2011

A Beautiful Day!

This morning Cheryl, Melany, Rachel and I went to the graveside service. It was a beautiful morning and a very nice service. We came back home to await the time to go to the church for the memorial service. It was so good to see so many friends and family at the service. We visited before and after the service. Lots of good memories all around...a very nice service celebrating Mother's life. (I'm very glad that it is behind us!) I talked to Woody this evening to make sure that they hadn't blown away...bad storms in the area today. He said that the rain gauge had measured 1.82" at that point. He woke up really early...he thinks that his medications are counter-acting each other so he isn't as sleepy as the meds indicated. He phoned in a couple of prescriptions for me, picked them up and got them into the mail before the storms hit. He also managed to do quite a bit of mulching before the rain arrived. He ate supper with the neighbors. They made homemade pasta to have with their spaghetti sauce. Then this evening he went to Monday night prayer meeting and visitation. Tonight's picture is the stained glass window at the front of the church...it becomes more and more beautiful as the afternoon sun comes through...really cast lovely colors on Mother's service. I took this picture ten years ago at the time of my niece's wedding. My camera hasn't gotten much of a work-out this trip...wonder why!

1 comment:

  1. A lovely window. My thoughts continue to be with you.

    ReplyDelete