Monday, August 22, 2011

An Armadillo Day!

I haven't taken any armadillo pictures so decided to use this old goat's picture instead! I have been playing around with my photo software making some of my pictures black and white...and tonight's blog picture is one of them.

The reason that I call today an "armadillo" day is that over the weekend the neighbors (Nathan, Kathy and family) saw some armadillos on their trip to West TN. Since we were talking about them I used them as part of Esther and Joy's school today. We did an armadillo search on the computer. We found some great pictures and also found out how they roll up in a ball...pretty interesting! Graham and Abigail helped me prepare for tomorrow's art lesson. For Graham's sewing lesson we slit the backs of some old T-shirts and then put ties on them so we don't have to use clothes pins! Then this afternoon Abigail came over and she helped me get the art lesson ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow we are going to PAINT!!!!!!!!!!! I sort of experimented with the lesson on her to see if it was going to work. She was happy as she got to paint today too!

Woody got up early and walked. He has run a couple of errands today. He has also read and watched a bit of TV and relaxed. He is at the Monday night prayer meeting right now.

Last night after the children were in bed Kathy and Nathan took turns coming over to sample the blueberry cheesecake bars...they were lured over after reading the blog. I told Woody that I expected them to come over "if" they read the blog...so Kathy's knock on the door didn't surprise me! They are a big favorite of Kathy's...Nathan seems to like them pretty well too! I put seven on a plate and took them over for today's lunch dessert so the children wouldn't be left out from sampling!




No comments:

Post a Comment