Friday, August 19, 2011

Food for the Brood!

Much to the baby bluebirds' delight their parents returned! Thought that this one was good as you can see the baby in the birdhouse hole and the parent on the top of the birdhouse. Once their mommy or daddy arrives back they start letting them know that they are in great need of whatever is in mommy or daddy's beak!

Friday's are "no school day" for us so I got up and just fiddled around...when I should have been accomplishing something...oh, well! Woody got up and went on a six-mile walk. Later in the day he mowed the lawn. Abigail came over to see if I had washed the burp cloth that she had made. I hadn't so she and I started a load of wash with it in it. I then put away another load of clothes so the drier would be empty when the burp cloth and the rest of the load finished washing. Abigail was very happy when she finally had the completed item in her hands. After lunch I headed off to run some errands. I spent most of the afternoon going one place and another in Tullahoma. Woody has spent the afternoon reading and watching some TV. One of the things that I picked up was a CD of machine embroidery designs for Christmas ornaments. I think that I'm going to make one as soon as I complete this. A little too hot to think about Christmas...but perhaps what we need are cool thoughts on these hot dry days. It would be good to get started on Christmas especially if I plan to make things.


No comments:

Post a Comment