Saturday, August 20, 2011

If At First You Don't Succeed!

I guess that yesterday and today have been days of "try, try" again for me. Our multipurpose printer hadn't been working for a long, long time. Nathan and I both had been through all the trouble shooting paths with it. Finally it looked like I was going to have to order a new printhead. Once we figured this out I attempted to order one online, but when I was checking out I had a message that one of the items in my shopping cart wasn't available at the current time. Well, I only had one item in my shopping cart...so gave up ordering that time. After that I'm not sure how many times I attempted to order again...some of the times I couldn't even find the part number that I needed...several other times I found it, but then the computer froze up before I could get it ordered. Anyway, it has been a bit of a nightmare getting the part ordered. The other day I had someone at the site that I was able to "chat live" with and they gave me the number of the part and I managed to get it into my shopping cart and managed to place the order before anything happened. Once ordered, it only took a couple of days for it to get to us. Of course it arrived just as Nathan was pulling out of the driveway yesterday...but I was determined that I wasn't going to wait any longer so I bit the bullet and opened up the printer and pulled out the old part and managed to put in the new part. Then it took a while for the printer to align...but it did and we once again have our good color printer/copier/scanner. I'm once again a happy camper when it comes to printers (till it balks again)!

Woody got up early and walked his four-mile-route. Later in the morning he went to the Credit Union, went grocery shopping, and went to the library. As far as the yard goes, he has done some watering...back to being hot and dry...sort of typical weather for August. He has also read, watched a library DVD, watched some baseball on TV, and rested. I have spent most of the day in the sewing room...again on a project of "try, try again!" My first attempt at making some new Christmas ornaments didn't work...but the second was successful. So one Christmas ornament made for 2011! While the ornament was stitching out on the machine (it's a "look Ma, no hands" type of project except for changing thread), I started going through some magazines to find articles that I want to keep for further reference. I scan them into the computer as PDF files and file them on the computer rather than in paper files...I'm trying hard to cut down on paper stacking up around here. I had been in the midst of doing that when my printer quit...so now I can go forth with my magazine recycling task. I'm just hoping that I can remember just how I did it...it has been so long! Probably another "try, try again" project!






No comments:

Post a Comment