Sunday, August 7, 2011

Belfry Pigeons!



Some have bats in their belfry...we have pigeons in/on ours!


Woody got up early and walked his eight-mile route to Kroger and back. We both went to the early service and then to our respective Sunday School classes. Woody taught his 6th-grade boys class. Elijah popped in to my Sunday School class at the end when I was leading the prayer requests...I think that he recognized my voice. It was cute. He came up to me and I tried to pick him up and sit him on my lap...but he was ready to go out and join his family so he headed out. Woody and I came home and had our lunch. A bit after lunch Woody went to the deacon's meeting at church. I have read and talked on the phone to my sister. I made out my school schedule and am getting geared up for Esther and Elijah's first day of school in the morning. The older children are going to have swimming lessons this week so they won't start Grammy's school till next week. I can't believe that it is time for Elijah to start school...he is following all his siblings...they all started preschool the school year closest to their 2nd birthday. We will be working on the sounds that the letters make, counting, and colors for starters...a very short school time for him and then I imagine that he will be ready to have Goosey read EIEIO and the Big Truck book to him before he heads home.


In a little while we will be going to church for the evening service.



No comments:

Post a Comment