Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Big Day for the Hottest Day of the Year!

Woody got up early and walked his four-mile route. Then later in the morning he walked to get his hair cut. THEN at noon our day really got started...it was time for Esther-Noel Rose Dorrell's birthday celebration to get underway. She planned it just the way she wanted her party...she did NOT want waffles and ice cream (the family's birthday tradition), but wanted a pizza party. We were invited as well as her little friend Molly and Molly's mother. First we had the Pizza part of the party, then the Present part of the party, then came at her request her cake with fireworks on it, and then the surprise part of the party...a Pool party. One of Esther's wishes had been to have a pool party...well, they didn't have a kiddie pool. BUT Goosey and Grammy surprised her with a pool for her birthday. And, we did manage to pull off that part of the surprise as everyone knew about it...but no one spilled the beans to Esther. Once Esther saw her surprise pool, everyone hopped into their swimsuits and had fun splashing and floating around in the pool on a very hot afternoon. I think that Esther had a pretty super-de-dooper day for her birthday...fun was had by all.

I'm not used to spending a lot of time outside and I was really hot when I got back in our house. I got myself a tall glass of ice water. Woody got himself some watermelon. I checked the outside temperature. It read 99.5 and in a couple more seconds it read 100 and not long after that 101!!!!! Too hot!!!!!! It took me a while to cool off. Graham came over and I told him that I was going to have to take a rest while he was there. I settled down on the couch in the living room while he worked on what he was doing and it didn't take me very long to drift off to sleep. Woody said that he thought that he napped a bit too. Anyway...a good day to have a Pizza, Present, Pool Party! Happy 4th birthday, Esther, you plan a great party!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment