Thursday, August 4, 2011

Oreo Cows! Got Milk?

Have you ever seen this kind of cow before? We pass these when we take the back road to Murfreesboro. We call them "oreo cows!" I guess you can see why!

Woody got up early this morning and walked his six-mile route. I spent a good part of the morning over at the neighbor's having sewing lessons with Abigail and Graham. Abigail machine embroidered a pretty design on a cloth diaper. Her current sewing project is making a burp cloth for her sibling-to-be. Woody has spent some time on the computer. After lunch we both went to vote. We have both taken it easy the rest of the afternoon...well, I did cook something for supper.

I guess I can say that I have officially started my Christmas shopping. I made an internet order the other day which included a couple of Christmas presents. That order arrived this afternoon so I have been opening and checking things and putting several of the items (not the Christmas gifts) to use. It's always fun to get orders in the mail...getting the box is sort of like Christmas when it comes to opening up the box and looking at everything! Now to find the place to put these gifts till it is time wrap them.

Today has been overcast most of the day. It hasn't been quite as hot today..."just" got to 95 today. It has been quite humid. We have been hearing thunder rumbling in the distance for the last little while and it just started raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment