Saturday, August 6, 2011

Groundhog Day??????

Woody got up early and walked five miles. I set the alarm for 6:30am (on a Saturday!) so I could get up and go to WalMart before it got crowded. When I got up Woody was working on the computer. I asked him if he wanted to do his WalMart errands with me. And, he decided that it was a good idea. So while I shopped for tax-free school art supplies, he picked up a few grocery items and knee and elbow pads for Graham. After WalMart, we stopped at Office Max as I didn't find the paint that I wanted at WalMart. As we were about to pass the Credit Union, Woody mentioned that he could stop there and not have to stop later...so he made that stop. On our way home we spotted the fellow pictured above cross the street and then stop along the sidewalk to eat some greenery...Woody rolled down his window and I shot a several pictures of him since there were no cars behind us. We had all those errands finished a little after 8:30am. I considered going back to bed after I got home, but ended up cooking instead. I made our long-cooking recipe for barbecued pulled pork. Once it got to simmering, I went outside to watch Graham glide along on his rip stik (a special type of skateboard...just read that it is sort of a cross between a skateboard and a snowboard). He just started learning(and hadn't skateboarded prior to this) how to maneuver this board the day before yesterday and he is already doing amazingly well on it. We got him the knee and elbow pads to try to ensure that he not be physically scarred from his endeavors! So far no major falls...but he still hasn't worked up to a huge rate of speed. Woody went to Kroger and ran a couple of errands while I got the meat and other ingredients in the pot and got them simmering. At that point it was just let it simmer for three hours stirring occasionally. After I came in from watching Graham, I did start to get ready to make some pillows for our front porch...I squared up the end of the fabric...so far haven't had enough energy to go any farther. After lunch Woody made his Peasant Salad (aka Soggy Bread Salad). Then Woody went to the library and ran another errand and I took a nap. While he was away and I was napping, a storm blew through (I did hear it) that brought us some more rain. We both enjoyed pulled pork barbecue sandwiches for supper. We plan to take it easy the rest of the evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment