Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Hummer Day!

This morning Woody got up early and walked his 4-mile-route. Later in the morning he made a grocery run...WalMart and Kroger. I helped him put the groceries away and then he headed off to the library, ran another errand, and visited at the local hospital. He was home before it was time for me to head out the door for my Sunday School Class's salad luncheon. I was glad, as I wanted to be able to report to our class about one of our members (She is who he visited at the hospital.). I had a really good time at our luncheon...good variety of salads (we really are good cooks!), good fellowship (we really are good friends!)...and lots of humming birds to take pictures of. I used my little point and shoot camera and I think that it did quite well capturing these fast flying fellows. I came home and uploaded the pictures and then played around with them in my photo software. Then I got sooooo sleepy that I took a nap. It was one of those naps that you know that you are asleep and that you feel like you can't move. I don't know if that is a good kind of sleep or not. When I woke up I came into my laptop and opened up the Picasa software to make tonight's hummer collage. Woody has watched a DVD, read, and is now watching a baseball game on TV. And, that about summarizes our hummer of a summer day!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the little hummingbirds! None seemed to come to our feeder this year. I did not do a good job of keeping it filled last year, and I think our little hummers found a better place to return to this year.

    ReplyDelete