Monday, October 17, 2011

Abigail's Day!


Today is Abigail's big day. She is eight! Goosey (Woody) and I joined Abigail and family for their traditional birthday breakfast...waffles and ice cream!!!!! Yum! Great tradition! Joy shared the special breakfast day as she and Abigail shared the birthday cake and ice cream day last week on Joy's birthday. After breakfast Abigail opened presents. The picture of her holding her baby doll shows part of the present we gave her...new clothes for her baby! Each of the girls have a doll similar to this. Goosey and I gave the dolls to them either on their second birthday or for Christmas closest to their second birthday. Abigail got hers the Christmas after Joy was born. Today's party was great fun. Each of the children was so excited to give the special present that they had chosen for the birthday girl.


Woody got up early and walked his eight-mile route to Kroger (no shopping involved) and back. I also got up early and headed into the sewing room. The outfit for Julianna's baby doll is finished...now to get her brother's present from Corbin's cousin Nathan (Nathan and family sell some neat items and I think that they have one that would be good for Corbin's present this year.) and then get these items in the mail. This afternoon I spent in one of my least favorite places...the dentist. Today I had to have a couple of teeth worked on...one on the top and one on the bottom...so that meant numb on top and bottom on one side of my mouth. It is now almost five hours since I was numbed and the numbness has "almost" gone away. At least my dentist visits are over for a while! I came home and flopped on the bed and read for a while and also must have dozed as I was awakened by my cell phone...it was our granddaughter Erin calling to set things up for tomorrow. She is home for Fall break and goes back to college tomorrow. Goosey and I are taking her home...so for us it will be "up and at 'em" dark and early in the morning. We will go to Murfreesboro to pick her up and then head on to Johnson City, TN. And, once we have her safely ensconced in her dorm, we will head back home. I realized the other day...the round-trip to Johnson City and back is about the same distance as one-way from Tullahoma to Bethesda, MD...we do have a loooooooong state (and we live in the middle of it). I will blog after we return. At least for this trip there isn't any real packing...just my cameras! Woody has gone to Monday night prayer meeting. I'm getting ready to go downstairs to have a bowl of tomato soup. I'm not supposed to chew on the one side tonight...I figure that there isn't much to chew in cream of tomato soup...so in case I forget it won't be a problem! Woody woke up to good news this morning..."his" team is going to the World Series!


No comments:

Post a Comment