Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bloggin' while I can!

I am in the lobby of the hotel on Pooks Hill waiting for our room to be made feather free...somehow my request didn't get to the actual hotel...oh, well...hopefully I won't be wheezing before the night's over! We left the hotel in Fairfax a little after 5am and sailed right in. We decided since we were so early to go to one of the other gates that lets people in at off hours...well, of course, we chose the wrong gate and had to wait behind all who didn't have ID's! Oh, well, we had plenty of time to get Woody's labs done. Woody's test was done very quickly...so more time to kill!!! We went to two grocery stores to get the whole wheat pastas that we like that we can't get at home. Then we walked around a couple of little speciality malls and then went to eat lunch at Geppetto's. We had eaten there one time before...very good Italian food. Woody had Vegetable Lasagna and I had my favorite, Eggplant Parmesan. Then we walked back to where we had parked the car...well, we did make one stop first...Woody got a butter pecan ice cream cone...I was too full! But Woody had been fasting since last night. Then we headed to the car and headed back to NIH and spent the rest of the afternoon reading...waiting till we could check into our hotel. The parking lot where we usually park was full so we used valet parking and then later when the parking garage had places we got our car and parked it. We got the things that we needed at the hotel and headed to the front of building 10 at NIH to catch the 3:40 shuttle...we got there at 3:39! And, the shuttle driver announced the shuttle for Hotel North...the direction where our hotel is...and we hopped on the shuttle. And, now, hopefully the room is feather free! If I still have internet connection when I get back to the room, I'll see if I can add a photo...if not...photo-free tonight! Tomorrow we meet with Woody's research team and then will get back on the road. So I'll be blogging from somewhere between Bethesda and Tullahoma...the good Lord willin'!




Well, as you can see, I did get back on and uploaded a couple of pictures that I took this morning on the Capital Beltway. I like the second one...we hit a bump...or...I couldn't hold the camera still since my heart was beating so hard...rather nerve wracking for me...doesn't seem to bother Woody.




Woody is watching his team in their play-off game.

No comments:

Post a Comment