Saturday, October 29, 2011

Double the Fun!

A shower for two...double the fun! I had such a good time at the shower this morning...lots of renewing of acquaintances from over the years. But the best was getting to ride to the party with a former co-worker at Ray's Montessori School. It was so good to see her again! We got to do a bit more visiting since I rode to and from the party with her. After getting home I thought of lots more that I wanted to ask her! The shower was for the daughter of the owner of Ray's Montessori where I worked for 27 years. As a matter of fact the reason that I got a job there was due to the mother-to-be. She started going to the school with her mom when she was 18 months old and there were times during certain lessons that her mom wanted me to take care of her (like walk her around outside and keep her occupied)...but...alas...she wanted to have nothing to do with me since her mother was so close...so...I ended up teaching the children who would have something to do with me! And, to think that she will shortly become a mother for the first time...a mother of two, no less! My first year at the school was Melany's kindergarten year there and Nathan was also attending as a three-year-old. Ahhhhhhhh memories of loooooooong ago. Quite a few of the mommies of the children that I taught were at the party today. So I was able to catch up with what some of my former students are doing. Ummmmmmmmmm makes one feel a bit old!

Woody went to the grocery store very early this morning. Then he came home and got started on making French Market Soup. After his soup was finished simmering, he walked to the library and back home again, while I was at the party. Then after I got home we both went on a walk so I could get some pictures of the Fall colors. It was a nice afternoon for a walk...it got to almost 60F but was a bit breezy so a bit nippy. Late afternoon, Woody took Nathan's vehicle to be looked at by an insurance adjuster due to hail damage. State Farm has a tent set up in Lowe's parking lot and they have lines of cars pulling through to be assessed for hail damage. They have been doing this for over a week now. That hail storm really did a number on cars and roofs and siding, etc. in the area. While Woody was doing that for Nathan and Kathy I worked a bit more on tomorrow's Sunday School lesson and also talked to a good friend and blog reader. She called to let me know a way to freeze our green peppers...dice them and spread them on a cookie sheet and slide them into the freezer till they are frozen and then transfer them to a container or freezer bag and put them back in the freezer till they are needed. I'm planning on giving it a try. I do this with canned jalapenos...as I never use the amount that is a can...that way I have the jalapenos when we need them...like today for Woody's pot of French Market Soup and also for our Mexican Corn Bread. When I went downstairs we had a lot more green peppers on the counter than I remembered...wonder if Woody went scrounging through our gardens again as I didn't think that we still had that many...so looks like I will be dicing and flash freezing some of these to use at a later time in some of our soups, etc.

Well, baseball is over for the year and the St. Louis Cardinals made Woody very happy last night! Tonight Woody is watching a DVD that he got at the library today...well, I say he is watching...when I just went down to check about his walk to the library, he was dozing with the movie playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment