Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day of Negotiations

Woody got up early and walked six miles. I fixed us a mushroom omelet for breakfast. Woody ran a few errands this morning including WalMart and the Library. He brought home some pansies to plant in the garden. Not long after lunch, Graham came to the door. He was interested in earning some money so he and Goosey went into negotiations about what Graham could earn planting the pansies and also some shallots. An agreement was finally reached and Graham and he headed out to plant. After he finished that, he decided to do a bit of negotiating with me over a job. Again, an agreement was reached and I now have vacuumed stairs and a shelf in my sewing closet a bit neater. Graham left later with coins jingling in his pocket (there was a bill in there too...but you couldn't hear that!). Joy joined him at a point and they happily entertained themselves building with K'nex and also drawing. I machine embroidered two more Christmas ornaments. Woody has read, watched a DVD and also some football. It has been a rather chilly day for the first day of October. It only got to 61F today and was breezy. I would say that this is the first time in a very long time that I have felt chilly inside the house. It is supposed to dip down into the upper 30's before dawn tomorrow. Brrrrrrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment