Monday, October 31, 2011

Last Day of October

Does it seem possible that it is Halloween? This month has gone by so fast...well...really the whole year has gone by very quickly. Woody and I both got up early this morning. He waited to head out for a walk till the sun was up and had taken a little of the chill off. I got busy and started cleaning up more of the sewing mess...but got into several projects as I was doing that. The reason that it is so hard to get my sewing straightened up...one thing leads to another. I started planning Christmas sewing for my great-niece and then decided while I was thinking about that sewing project I would sew out a few more machine embroidered ornaments. I have two finished and one in the works. So I worked on Christmas on Halloween. Woody worked on the green peppers. He diced them and then flash froze them and then I helped him get them into the freezer bags. So we now have some frozen green pepper to use in several of our recipes. Woody also made Peasant Salad (aka Soggy Bread Salad) and has read and watched a bit of television and, of course, did his cross word puzzle of the day. He is now at the Monday night prayer meeting at church. I am answering the door for trick-or-treaters till he gets home. We never have very many...so far the door bell has rung three times and we have had a total of six children. I'm off to watch Dancing With the Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment