Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November Has Arrived!

It has been a busy day. Our neighbors pulled in last night after being away for a week. This time they went all the way to TX! School started back in full force. Elijah came first, then Esther, then Graham, Abigail, and Joy joined Esther and we had our art class and then Graham had his sewing class. They used a new medium in art today--oil pastels (glorified crayons--smoother than crayons and blendable (and probably not washable like most of the rest of our art mediums)). We talked about illustrating a book. I read them a story and didn't show them the pictures and then they made an illustration for that story. Then I reread the book and they got to look at the pictures and then they told about the illustrations they had drawn. In sewing Graham worked some more on his placemat. He cut it out, sewed it together and turned it and then sewed around the edges so all he has left to do is some stitching/quilting that will hold the front and back together. Woody had some trouble getting on the internet this morning and then a bit more this afternoon. I "think" that we are on at least for the moment! When Abigail finished her school work at her house, she came over here and read some to me. And, after Graham finished his school work at his house, he came over here and worked on his multiplication tables with Goosey. I stayed with Elijah this evening till Kathy and the girls came home from gymnastics. Nathan took Graham to his Lego Robot "class." I'm home now and getting ready to go down and watch Dancing With the Stars. Woody walked to the prayer room after I went next door to play with Elijah. Woody came over and rescued me before he left for his walk to the church. I pulled the blinds down from one of their windows. Elijah told me that I had broken it! We got it fixed...at least for the moment! Elijah and I had fun playing with all his vehicles. We had them lined up on the road on his quilt. Elijah hasn't yet decided whether he is driving in the U.S. or Europe! He has quite a good vocabulary and it is fun hearing him say what type of vehicle each of them is..."big rig," "limousine," etc. We even put something under the quilt so that there was a bump in the road. He had fun running the cars and big rigs over the bump.


No comments:

Post a Comment