Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tree Tuesday

Tonight's picture is proof that the weathermen called it pretty accurately...at least as far as when it would start snowing. I happened to be awake a little before 2am and decided that I would look out the window and see if they were right. And, it was snowing to beat the band. I scooted into the next room and got my little camera and gave it a try to capture it falling. It was starting to stick to the leaf piles at this point. When I got up there was snow on the leaves and also on roofs...so next to no accumulation. The grandchildren reported that they went out for a few minutes (Kathy said that they were on their second set of clothes when I called at 9am) and Esther said that the climbing part of their swing set had some snow on it. She giggled and said that they had tasted it. I told her that there would probably be a day this winter when we would get a really good snow that would be more fun to play in. She then flopped on the floor and said that they would be able to make snow angels and she pretended to make one! Elijah didn't come over for school as there was a big truck at their house (they got insulation today) so he stayed to check things out. Esther had her school time and then she and I got the room ready for art. Today they learned several ways to make Christmas/pine trees (the reason for tonight's blog title...sort of wish that it was because I had started decorating our big tree...one of these days!). They drew, colored, and used construction to create several pictures. Then I had several activity papers for them to do with Christmas tree themes...a coloring page, a dot-to-dot, and a maze. I think that fun was had by all. The girls trouped home after donning coats, scarves, and gloves. Graham stayed behind to have his sewing lesson. He completed one of his pillowcases. He did a great job (I hope that he sleeps well on it tonight.)! He now knows how to make European-style pillowcases (those that have a pocket on one end on the inside to tuck your pillow in so it won't come out of the case. Woody has read and watched TV and just generally taken it easy today. He is feeling better and his voice seems to be getting stronger. He'd better be feeling better as he has walked to the church for his time in the prayer room. I sat and rested for a bit after school and lunch and then I got going on doll clothes sewing. A dolly nightgown is taking shape. I'm still not feeling the greatest. Woody still insists that his was allergies. And, mine may be...after all we did have insulation blown in yesterday and I have been stirring up dust as I clean while I decorate and I realized last night that I had forgotten to take my allergy meds the night before and also I have run out of one of the allergy pills that I take (and, didn't feel like going out to get them today)...so all those things could factor into my stuffed up/achy head and my sneezing and my runny nose. Best to just keep going and forget about all those symptoms...I'm trying! The Thanksgiving leftovers are leaving...so it looks like I will have to cook again in the not too distant future. I have enjoyed the days off from cooking. The only thing that I have cooked since Thanksgiving is turkey soup...I'm getting spoiled! Woody got up this morning and made sweet potato waffles...yum. Well, I'd better get back to my baby doll sewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment