Thursday, November 3, 2011

First Rainy November Thursday of 2011

Woody woke up even earlier than usual and went on a six-mile walk before the rains came. I woke up earlier than I usually do...really too early. So I read for a while and then went back to sleep till my alarm woke me up. Elijah and Esther got their school time in before the rains arrived. It started raining while I was having lessons with Joy. After she finished, she and I walked back over to her house under the same umbrella. I took the sewing over to Abigail and she sewed two seams that she needed to do before the next step. Then she and I walked back over to our house...but this time we both had an umbrella. She spent the rest of her sewing time over here working on the next step on her mom's placemat. The afternoon proved to be a lazy afternoon for both Woody and myself. He took a well deserved nap since he had awakened so early this morning. And, I spent the afternoon finishing a book (and, dozing a time or two over it). About the only thing that I accomplished today in the house was wiping off several shelves in the refrigerator. I decided that I wanted to wipe off the shelves prior to Woody's next grocery trip (refrigerator is a bit bare at the moment so not a lot to move off the shelves). When I clean the refrigerator I can't help but compare it to cleaning out our old one that survived almost 40 years!!!! For one thing it is nice to have a light to be able to see what needs to be cleaned! When we got the refrigerator I told myself that I would wipe off the shelves before each weekly grocery shopping trip...well...I haven't lived up to that "commitment," but they do clean off very easily when I do commit to the job. Woody has spent quite a bit of time on the computer today...but was only successful with part of what he was doing because we kept losing the internet signal. He and Nathan did something tonight to try to make it work better...hopefully I will have it long enough to post this! Seems to be staying connected at least for the moment. I have started reading another book...it's just been one of those days that it was good to find a comfortable chair and cover up with a fleece throw and read a good book and sip some hot tea!


1 comment:

  1. I just love those kinds of days! They are the best, curling up with a good book and a cuppa.

    ReplyDelete