Tuesday, November 22, 2011

In the Driver's Seat!

Here's Graham in the driver's seat of my machine. It was raining when it was time to go over to sew in the hem so we decided to stay here and use my machine and stay dry. He got the hem on the other end of the strip of cloth and got the fabric split to make two pillowcases. Then we got the embroidery design all ready to sew out the next time. We had great time in art today...we learned a couple of ways to draw turkeys...we used all kinds of art mediums and then in the end we got out the paint and mixed up some brown paint so they could put their hand in the paint and make hand turkeys. They will finish those tomorrow (paint didn't dry quickly enough today). Tomorrow the four oldest children are coming over to have a lesson emphasising Thanksgiving and they will finish their painted hand turkey then.

Woody got up early and walked to the prayer room this morning since storms were predicted for this evening. We have had rain, but strong storms never developed. After he got home from his walk to and from church, he went next door and invited Elijah to go to the grocery store with him. They bought our Thanksgiving groceries. So our cupboards are no longer bare! I went to get my hair cut after lunch and then came home and got going on the decorating...again. When I head downstairs in a moment I will take down another box and see what I find inside it! It's a lot like Christmas...wondering what is in each box! I still haven't found the corner tree skirt. I can see the box that I think it is in...but there are still quite a few large boxes on top of it...eventually I will get to that box.



No comments:

Post a Comment