Monday, November 28, 2011

Insulating Day



We received a call from the insulation folk at 8am saying that they would be here in a half hour. Woody quickly put in a call to our heat pump folk as they had one more task that needed to be done following the roofing job and preceding the insulation job. Heat pump worker was here very quickly after the call and did his job and as he was leaving the insulation workers were arriving. Insulation work was completed a little after noon. Of course all this put me off schedule with school, as it would have been a bit difficult for us to be trouping up and down the stairs with the insulation hose on the stairs! So Graham came over after he had lunch and he got the two designs embroidered on his two pillow cases. A little later Abigail came over and read to me and then had Goosey (Woody) read her a story and then I walked her home as it had already gotten dark. That was the extent of school over here today. Elijah is doing great after his eye injury yesterday. He woke up this morning being able to open his eyes. He did tell his mommy that things looked fuzzy. This evening when I saw him, he was definitely a different little boy than the one I took care of last night. I couldn't tell that he had an eye injury at all. He was back to playing with his big trucks. Since my day got turned a bit upside down...couldn't really decorate while the workers were here and couldn't really sew, I ended up folding laundry and putting away table cloths and napkins that we used for Thanksgiving and then made a big pot of turkey soup. There was a bit of a vacuuming job after the insulation. I vacuumed in the hall upstairs and then started down the stairs. Then Woody took over and finished the rest of the stairs and vacuumed at the doorway (including our doormat that was covered with little beads of insulation) and also the dining room. When Woody went to heat up a bowl of soup for supper, he discovered that our microwave doesn't seem to be working properly...hard to go back to old fashioned heating things on top of the stove! I've been a bit snuffly and not feeling the greatest this afternoon...Woody still claims that what ailed him was allergies...but I'm wondering if that is the case since my symptoms seem an awful lot like his...oh, well...give it a few days! I spent part of the afternoon working on ideas for art class for tomorrow. Woody left a little while ago for the Monday night prayer meeting at church. Today's weather continued to be quite wet...since midnight Weatherbug says that we have gotten .65 in. (I think that puts us close to three inches in the last two days...rather soggy!). A little while ago the national weather service issued a winter weather advisory for us starting after midnight through 10am tomorrow...possible accumulation of snow! Looks like the insulation job was done just in time! I made another design for hand towels in our guest bath. I have one more to make and think that I will make it after blogging. That will let me accomplish something without too much effort on my part! I have gotten out my Christmas CD's and am presently listening to Josh Groban. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! 'Tis the Season! I love Christmas music.



No comments:

Post a Comment