Sunday, November 6, 2011

Am I Picky...or What???

Tonight I found myself opening up a can of soup...one of those soups that is advertised as being "just like homemade" or some such. And, it was one of their healthy varieties...approved by Weight Watchers, etc. Well, first thing...there was very little solid in it and then after I heated it and tasted it...it was just way toooooooo salty to my liking. So I drained out all the solid and placed the broth in a pan and added 1 cup of water and then peeled two potatoes and cubed them and then boiled them in the broth. When they were the way I like them (not mushy...as were the vegetables that came from the can), I added the original solid veggies and the two pieces of meat (probably a bit more meat than that in it...but not much!) and reheated it all. It ended up being a decent tasting bowl of soup...and by adding extras to it, Woody can have some when he returns from the evening service at church. So...for a bowl of canned soup (a supposedly quick meal)...it took 20 minutes or more to get it to my liking...so answer to the title of tonight's blog...guess I am picky! I think that I should stick to "my" soups! Woody started beans soaking before he left for church, as he plans to make French Market Soup and I plan to make a potato-ham soup tomorrow.

Woody got up early and headed out for a walk and got confused about the time when he found it light. It took him a few minutes to remember about the time change. It got light early this morning...and boy did it get dark early tonight! I woke up early due to the time change, but messed around doing little things around here and just about didn't give myself time to get ready...usually I hit the floor running on Sunday morning and just have time to get ready and head out the door. Today I had too much time on my hands and didn't hit the floor running! We went to the early service and then to Sunday School. Woody taught his 6th-grade boys' class. We came home for a little while and then headed out the door to go to a benefit chili lunch at a sister church in town. Shortly after we got back it was time for Woody to head out the door again for the monthly deacons' meeting. He came home and was able to watch a bit of football before it was time for him to leave again...this time for the evening church service. Lots of comings and goings today...especially for Woody. While Woody was at his deacons' meeting, I talked for a while with my sister since we were an hour closer to each other!

I think that I'll call tonight's picture: "Light at the End of the Road"

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the soup. I bought a "healthy" can like that once and when I opened it, I realized why it was low calorie - no solids! I had taken it for a work lunch, so had no access to any additional food until I got home. Boy, was I hungry! lol

    ReplyDelete