Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Looking Up!

The sky was absolutely beautiful around noon today. I looked out our back windows when I was heading to the washing machine. The sky was just so blue and the clouds were so white. So I grabbed my camera (I think that my wash is still in the drier and some more still needs to be washed...now that I think about it!) and went out the back door and just sat down on the back steps and started shooting up into the sky through the trees. Tonight's blog picture is my favorite...it sort of looks like the trees are forming a canopy over our back yard and letting the sky and clouds peep through. My looking up to take pictures eventually lead me to look at our siding some more and I found several more places that the hail damaged. We have an insurance adjuster and a roofer scheduled to check things out tomorrow. We thought till today that there was only one hole in the siding...but I found several other breaks and a few more small holes. We also now see that our new window ledges put in when we got new windows have hail dents in them. That storm really did a lot of damage in our area. During daylight hours, if you are outside, you can hear hammering in the distance as folk are getting roofing fixes. We will find out tomorrow if we will be needing a new roof. I know that we will be getting some siding pieces replaced.

Woody has done a lot of work out in the yard today...raking, mowing, sweeping, you name it! He also walked to the community center and spun on a stationary bicycle for thirty minutes. I have continued to work on Christmas ornaments. I completed four more today and am calling it quits for the moment on ornaments...I think that I may have the number that I need for gifts this year. While the last ornaments were stitching out I got busy putting away all that was out due to making the ornaments. It is so good to have one end of my sewing machine cabinet cleared of all the spools of thread that had been residing there till I finished the ornaments...easier to leave the thread out than to have to keep getting it out over and over...lots of the thread colors were repeated in the different ornaments...lots of reds and greens. After I got the thread put away (including all their bobbins), I got busy putting away fabric remnants that I had been using for the ornaments that had applique on them. I was in the midst of doing that when I stopped to blog. Another thing that I have done while putting away...I got out a basket to put the notions in that I'm going to need for my doll clothes sewing (elastic, Velcro, little buttons, etc. Next I will be putting my machine down flat in the sewing machine cabinet...I prefer to sew flat-bedded, but the machine has to be raised up so the embroidery arm can move while I have been making the ornaments. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to hit the ground running and start making Christmas gift doll clothes.

Woody just left to walk to the church for his time in the Prayer Room. I'm going to go grab a bite to eat and then continue to sort and put away fabric until it is time for Dancing With the Stars. While I am watching that I will get the washer and dryer going again...some of my multi-tasking has fallen by the wayside today!

No comments:

Post a Comment